Category Archives: high five for friday
What a great week. I feel good about myself, my life, my family. Yay for this week. Linking up with Lauren has become such a fun way to end the week. Here we go!
5. I went to the zoo with Meister’s class. When I arrived there must have been 30 buses in the parking lot and 8 gagillion kids running around. It was chaos. Once we got inside and paired up with the kids, it was much much better.
4. I ate this cake. It was amazeballs. It was a poppy seed cake with lemon curd filling. My tongue did the happy dance when I tasted it.
3. I went to The Spring Terrier games at a local recreation area. It was an event that highlighted local rescues here in Nebraksa. Meister loved the Mastiff named Broccoli. The Hubs really wants a Mastiff. I told him we can get one when Max dies. Max is 6. Hopefully we have a long long time until we get a 150 pound dog.
2. The Hub’s best friend since first grade came over with his family. The boys thought it would be fun to try out the new tag-a-long bike we got for Miss Thang. They reverted back to their first grade selves in an instant.
1. I was let go from my PRN position at the hospital because they are fully staffed. I am actually happy about it. I loved working in the ER. Loved the people. I didn’t love the fact it was in addition to my regular 40 hour work week. Woot woot to only having one job. Now if only I could win the lottery and have NO job. That would be awesomesauce.
Woot Woot! What a week. I got so much done and feel very accomplished. Not to mention Miss Thang was here after two weeks of being at her moms! This weekend is garden time. I’m planting out the rest of the seedlings. I can’t wait to show you the final results. I’m linking up with Lauren so let’s get down to business, this week was awesome because…
5. I finished Shades of Grey. I will be polite and say that I liked the basic story of Ana and Christian. The kinky kinky was fine at first, but then it was boring and I ended up skimming 90% of the books. This pretty much sums up my feelings about Shades of Grey.
4. I got my nails shellacked. It costs the same as a regular manicure. It’s supposed to last two weeks. We will see. I like to keep my money in my pockets. I can’t see myself doing this every two weeks, but if it is as good as they say it is then it might just happen.
3. Meister and I went to PetCo on Sunday and he was entertained by the mice for a good 30 minutes. It was super cute how much he was giggling.
2. I painted the front door. I like it. I love it. I want some more of it. Name that tune.
1. Miss Thang was here for a couple of days. Visitation is different in the summer due to The Hub’s job. It’s unique to say the least. I think she had fun. Maybe a little too much fun.
|It was all just too much, she had to pass out.|
Once again, I’m linking up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk. I am loving Friday this week. Work has been boooooring so I’m ready to have a break from the monotony. Woo Hoo weekend!
Wooo hooo Friday! I’m linking up again with Lauren at From My Grey Desk. I am so looking forward to the weekend. We are going to Des Moines to be with the Hubs at his place of employment. He works for the horse racing industry and through him, I get my horsey fix.
I used to manage a public riding stable in Estes Park. It was my dream job. It was a sad day when I gave it up. I still miss it. sniffle. So anyways, can’t wait for the weekend so I can love on some horses and enjoy the races. Here is my top five for the week.
5. Easter went well. Meister was at his dad’s house so it was just Miss Thang, The Hubs and I. It was odd to only have one kid, but it was nice too. She got our undivided attention for four whole days.
|Chocolate at 7 am is normal, right?|
|See the eagles back there? Behind my phone?|
|Apparently the answer is 5. You need 5 babies to sleep.|
|It has sharp pointy teeth!|
So High Five for Friday! Thanks Lauren for hosting such a great link up.
|I was tempted to let my OCD take over and sort by color…|
|I have German Butterball in the back tower and La Ratte in the front.|
|That is some crappy topsoil.|
|see the rosy cheeks? it was too hot people!|